VCM - Voluntary Carbon Physical and Derivatives Markets
The VCM subscription mimics the behavior of the Voluntary Carbon Units exchange-traded physical and derivatives markets. This subscription has been developed in collaboration with KEOPS Consulting LLC.
The HedgeTutor's trading and price risk management learning experience results from the interaction between the physical and financial markets that are simultaneously simulated:
- Follow the evolution of prices and forward curves of your simulated market
- Trade OTC products as they are priced at premium or discount to the Exchange price and manage your inventory
- Trade futures and options to hedge your physical price exposure
- Evaluate the exposure of your combined physical and financial portfolio to ascertain your overall market risk
- Follow up margining, credit lines and cash flows
- Review the financial statements to understand the implications of your trades on your PnL and balance sheet
In addition, HedgeTutor provides:
- an extensive library of Tutorials that incorporates theoretical concepts behind Voluntary Carbon Markets and carbon offsets trading, Climate Change regulation related to carbon neutrality, how carbon offsets can help meet ESG plans and net zero targets, how carbon offsets are generated and traded, pricing considerations and demand and supply markets.
- a comprehensive library of Case Studies directly illustrates the concepts learnt and help Users to get familiar with the simulator and Voluntary Carbon Markets concepts.